Newsletter

The watchmaker's shop of Louis Martin


The watchmaker’s shop
The watchmaker’s shop

This house in the rue du Pont-Neuf was bought by Louis before his marriage and was the Martin couple’s first home. All their children were born here except Thérèse.

 

The shop was on the ground floor, and the family lived on the floors above.

 

Louis had chosen to set up business in this street opposite the shop of a friend, whose nickname was “le Gagne Petit” – he didn’t earn much.

 

The Martin family moved from here in 1871 to the house in the rue Saint-Blaise where Thérèse was born.

 

Share...